30 May 2009

So this was actually a pretty good week despite the fact that I was on the brink of a panic attack when I realized how much school stuff is looming in my near future. Monday was Memorial Day and a much needed break from class. Although I spent most of the day "working" on my history paper it was still a nice day off. It felt so nice, in fact, that I decided to take Tuesday off as well. Tuesday afternoon I checked L&L email and what I had anticipated to be some kind of spam mail congratulating me on winning millions actually turned out to be Chance from The Kinzie Affair. He told us that he'd been following our work for a while and that his brother is in A Bird A Sparrow and he's talked to Dan about us before. This is only the second time a band has come to us asking for videos, and although we had sort of decided that we'd try to charge bands who specifically sought us out, we can't charge these guys because we filmed both Goodnight Sunrise and ABAS for free. Hmph. Hopefully one day we can make money off of this. After emailing Chance back, Laura and I met London to pick up tickets for the HOB show on the 5th, and when I said that I was hungry he started listing off all the places to eat nearby...but he failed to mention that there was an In-N-Out 2 minutes away. A vanilla shake and an order of fries later, we decided to make a trip to Costco to check out the various GPS options because we're going to need that for our road trip and for our lives in general. We also saw that Costco sells Disneyland passes, hmmmmm...Laura definitely needs a Disneyland pass.... We walked around a bit more, saw HD Flipcams taunting us from a high shelf, then decided to head to Chain to buy our tickets for Thursday's show. We ended up back at Chain a few hours later to pass out GNSR business cards [we're slowly making a dent in our box of 500] and saw the Down for the Count guys while we were there. Finally got the Kyle story from Nate. Wednesday was somewhat uneventful aside from a near fist-fight at work...kind of a blah day. Thursday I had to meet my insane boss at 9am to go over summer stuff, then that night Laura, Katie, and I went to Sleep District's Hot Topic show and Eye Alaska/Lydia at Chain. Hadn't seen EA since December and I think there's a chance I'm loosing interest in them. I definitely prefer their older songs to what they've written for the new record. Saw Down for the Count again because they're everywhere. Well, not everywhere, just always at Chain. Delicious dinner of French toast at Dennys with Megan and the Sleep District boys and Jon looks funny when he runs. Last night I went to the CRU end of the year bonfire at CDM and dragged Laura with me. She was finally able to get rid of the wood that had been sitting in her trunk for 2 months. But before the beach we went to Costco again and bought a GPS and a Disneyland pass for Laura. Whee! The bonfire was fun. There were some people who I hadn't seen since last quarter so it was nice to talk to them again. The boys decided it would be a stellar idea to jump over the blazing fire pit. We ended up leaving about 15 minutes before the beach closed and put the Magellan to good use: she successfully got us from CDM to Chain so we could once again do some serious business cardage. I like her so far. This might be the beginnings of a beautiful friendship.

So yep...need to power through these next two weeks and get school over with. For the most part everything is all lined up for the road trip. Just need to get my car in for an oil change and I'm still waiting to hear from Matty to see if he's found a place for us to stay Sat/Sun in Sac.


June 12 June 12 June 12 June 12.......

No comments:

Post a Comment