25 May 2009

So before I dive into this history essay in which I must decide whether or not the Holocaust was planned [I'm leaning towards not, but we'll see what my final decision is once I actually take the time to contemplate this] I think it's time to consider the fact that last week was relatively exciting. First of all, I applied to study abroad on Tuesday. YAY! Hopefully on January 14, 2010, I will be boarding a plane to London. I'll spend a couple of days there, then head to Cannes for a 2-week orientation, then up to Paris for a semester at the Sorbonne. It all seems so surreal and intangible at this point, but I have all the necessary documents that I need to complete and it really looks like this is all coming together. On Wednesday I found out that I will have a job this summer...THANK GOODNESS. So most of the money I make in the snack bar will go towards studying abroad. Mmmm, yeah, this is exciting enough to blog about: Thursday I chopped all of my hair off and I couldn't be happier. Seriously can't even remember what I looked like with long annoying hair. On Friday Danielle and I presented our French oral final thingy and it went pretty well I think. Glad that's over. This summer my plan is to watch French movies and listen to French music so I don't forget everything by the time fall quarter rolls around. Friday afternoon my family and I drove up to Hanford to see the Mannixes and hear Kevin's stories from Qatar which are too top-secret I guess to be conveyed over the phone. While I was there I finalized plans for Laura and me to stay with them one night during our road trip =D. Everything is really coming together as far as that's concerned too! Without even planning this AT ALL it's looking like we're going to see 2 Bidwell shows, The Bigger Lights, AND The Scenic while we're traversing central/northern California. Pretty awesome. The plan so far, so it's well-documented:

Friday, June 12
Bidwell in Fresno, Hanford overnight

Saturday, June 13
The Bigger Lights in Orangevale, Sacramento area overnight

Sunday, June 14
Bidwell in Orangevale...video shoot, masquerade thing, Sacramento area overnight

Monday and Tuesday, June 15th and 16th
Staying with Cody at the Delta...wheee watersports!

Wednesday, June 17
The Scenic in Oakland, Delta overnight [?]

Thursday, June 18
Caravaning back down to Anaheim with The Scenic for their show at Chain...going to be a looonng day for sure. Van + trailer = 55 mph = SLOW.



Oh man I am wayyy excited. Just have to get through 4 days of classes this week, a paper due Monday, 5 days of classes next week, then 3 finals and I'm freeeee! [like the weight's gone off my shoulders]

No comments:

Post a Comment