05 July 2009

Laura just brought a certain video to my attention which, quite frankly, makes me sick to my stomach [not just because of the erratic panning and jerkyness]. And the sad thing is this video is not alone in the world. There are others, many others, which similarly affect me in such a negative way. It really frustrates me when people who have access to high-quality cameras and equipment simply don't know how to use them and end up producing crappy videos which really only result in detracting from the music and bands they are trying to capture. I'm not suggesting that I have been thoroughly and rigorously trained in film and cinematography. But if you're going to film something and post it on the internet with both your name and a band's name plastered across the front of it...at least make it presentable?

No comments:

Post a Comment