19 July 2009

I woke up this morning not really expecting anything extraordinary of the day. Had plans to go to The District with Laura and Jen because The Bolts were playing some acoustic set and we try to make it to their local shows when we can. Amanda was going to try to come along too. Other than that, it was looking like a pretty ordinary, blah day. Well while we were parking Laura found something written somewhere I would never have expected it to be written. Made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside and if I were an emotional person I probably would have shed a tear or two. Something to definitely add to the previous blog. Hold on a sec...lemme collect myself...okay, moving on...we made it to the District Promenade or whatever and were waiting for The Bolts, and although I had seen Shanna's car while we were walking in, I didn't see any of the guys anywhere. Turns out there were two stages set up and this was some kind of Surfrider Foundation hosted event. Yep. The Bolts played on the other end of the Promenade. Oh well, we were able to say hi to Austin and Heath at least. By a stroke of really random, good luck, turns out Iglu & Hartly were playing today also. Incredibly unexpected and really weird because we had just listened to them in the car [yep Megan, you're successfully infusing me with those musical tidbits you throw out here and there]. It was cool to see them live...not what I expected. Very beachy vibe. After their set we headed over to the Marketplace to see Harry Potter [finally!]. I had heard mixed reviews about it, but I truly enjoyed this installment. I was pretty unhappy with the earlier films, but I thought this one really did the book justice. [Admittedly this could be somewhat related to the fact that I VAGUELY remember anything about this book, therefore I probably didn't notice when certain things were omitted...whatever]. So today ended up being a pretty good one, and I just finished it off with some breadsticks from Pat&Oscars. Basically if today had been the crappiest of all crap days those breadsticks would have made it an awesome day anyways. The end.






In other news...I'm trying to make plans for something and I REALLY hope it works out. Especially after seeing that written there today.

No comments:

Post a Comment