07 April 2009

So last week I saw some friends who I hadn't hung out with since last quarter. We were all updating each other on our lives and whatnot and I explained how CRAZY March was with all of the GNSR/Bidwell shows and everything. Then they called me a groupie. Ugh I hate that word. And I would just like to state for the record that I am not a groupie. I do not buy presents for bands [ok that happened once but it was more of a joke], make them baked goods [ok that has also happened, for the same band, but still a joke], go to concerts hoping to leave with a new bff for life, ask for phone numbers, or in any way hope to develop some kind of a romantic relationship [or any kind of relationship for that matter] with a band dude. Come on, dating a guy in a band who is gone half the year is wayyyy to practical for my taste. I've been going to concerts since July, and I can honestly say that when I'm seeing a band for the first time the I am not preoccupied with getting to meet them and hang out with them and vie for their attention. No. First and foremost it is about the music. I am truly interested to hear what a band sounds like live. If I end up meeting them after, that's cool. I have legitimately become friends with a few bands, so those shows are obviously more fun, but there are also bands that I just don't click with. Rather than obsessing over "fixing" that "problem," I move on. It's not a big deal. Whatever. Since October shows have also become an opportunity for new business of sorts, as Laura and I try to spread the word about Listen&Love and potentially meet bands who would be interested in having us film for them. [Hopefully we can start making money off of this soon]. So yeah. That's my rant. This has really been bugging me lately and I just needed to throw it out there. Take it or leave it.

No comments:

Post a Comment