06 April 2009

Okay I think I'm ready for this now...


Bamboozle Left 2009. Aka my very first Bamboozle. How precious. anyways...It was pretty awesome. We got there a couple hours early so we could get a good spot in the monstrous line. At 12 it was already freakin hot outside. Not a good sign. Saw Racing Kites, Valencia [definitely didn't remember us haha] and Uh Oh! Explosion. I think we finally got into the park around 1:30... sometime between 1:30 and 2 maybe. Turns out cameras weren't a problem as long as they were point-and-shoots AND you could bring as much food as you could fit in a gallon-sized ziploc bag. Things to keep in mind for next time. Whoa. If all goes as planned I won't go next year because I'll be studying abroad. That's weird. But that's beside the point. Back to Bamboozle. We saw SO MANY freakin people there. Right away Kelly from Teen Hearts recognized us [er, Laura at least because she planned the benefit they played], then someone [Greg?] from Anarbor recognized her from the acoustic set they played at Active back in January because she had asked him if he could make people sit down haha. Yeah, must have been Greg. We decided to devote the first hour or so to getting our bearings because we knew we'd be racing from one stage to another because ALL THE FREAKIN bands we wanted to see overlapped. Of course. So we sort of found out where all the stages were, got some free candy, sat in the grass, and made a list of the sets we wanted to catch. It all had to be master-planned or it wasn't going to work. OH! How could I forget! The first thing I bought when we walked through the entrance was a 2 year subscription to AP. Yay =]. Then before sitting in the grass I bought a Valencia t-shirt basically just so I could get a B-side. I wanted the shirt anyways though so it worked out. But now I have no money. Crap. Okay I think I have everything straight now. So we were stopped by the bass player, Nate [gahhh I know toooo many nates!], of Sing it Loud after making our list and he convinced Laura to buy their CD and also managed to convince us to deviate from our aforementioned list to see THEIR set first. Turns out they're really good and probably have the most fun on stage of almost any band I've seen so far.


Nate - Sing it Loud


Next... We were GOING to see We the Kings at 4:00, but when I bought my Valencia stuff we found out that they'd be doing an acoustic set at the VIP tent behind the MLB stage. Hm. We're definitely not VIPs [according to Bamboozle], so we weren't exactly sure how this would work. We kind of hung around the entrance to the tent for a while, assessing the situation, and realized that we definitely needed VIP passes for this. Dang it. So basically we ended up peeking over the short wall, trying to hear as much as we could while Artist vs Poet made entirely too much noise across the way at the State Farm Stage. When they finished we wanted to try to see some of Teen Hearts' set because we told Kelly we'd try to get there haha. But wow the Kazoozle stage was IMPOSSIBLE to find. So we missed it. And found ourselves with time to kill. So we bought some bomb chicken strips and french fries and made a dog.

Then... Uh Oh! Explosion? Yes. Oh wait, no. They were before Valencia's acoustic set. We filmed "Balls of Los Al" and I edited it yesterday in like half an hour or something crazy like that haha. Okay... so after linner we saw oh Racing Kites I believe. Then...VALENCIA! for real. We had to leave RK early to get to Valencia, and still missed the beginning of Holiday. Oh well. OHMYGOD they are amazing. I love them more every time I see them. SO GOOD. They have confetti and George might be one of my heroes now because he's just that cool.

After Valencia... OH we raced over to Kazoozle [because we knew where it was now haha] and saw half of Every Avenue's last song. Then we were right where we needed to be to see The Scene Aesthetic. Kind of a weird set. Many technological difficulties. They had to share a mic for a while =\ Still good though. Then we really wanted to see Racing Kites' acoustic set...but again, the non-VIP problem. Dave had mentioned to us earlier that he'd see if he could get us in. And pretty much he's awesome and totally did. He told just to just walk behind him and if the security lady said something he'd tell her we were with him. She stopped us. She actually touched me. Like, grabbed my arm. What was I going to do? Run INTO a confined space and somehow elude her? Uhh. So he flashed his "ARTIST" laminate [uh, he's not an artist, but okay] and she shrugged and released me from her grasp haha. Okay maybe she wasn't holding onto me the whole time but that's the story I'm going to tell. After RK played I sought out potential new GNSR fans and handed out like 7 business cards. Now Dan's going to ship us a whole box of them so we'll be ready at any time to recruit new fangirls. I feel so important. Hokay, after RK... Oh Laura stole more candy. Then... Oh then we went and saw some of Anarbor's set. They finished. We were exhausted. Trudged back to my car. My feet were KILLING ME. I was sun burnt. Ow it was a long hot day. We decided to find a Jack in the Box because we wanted free food. Those tacos are no delicacy, but they were fine and free and I wasn't going to complain.

A crazy day, but a pretty awesome day. Oh, here's the list of the people we saw:
dj rossstar
jan
sparks
peter h
dland chick with the yoda backpack
gnsr shirt
bidwell shirt
ea
oz
laura's old ASB president
hide & seek shirt
fearless girl
the alley girl
ppl laura thinks she went to hs with


ahhh time for disneyland!

No comments:

Post a Comment