16 February 2009

I'd Rather be in Victorville


So last night I saw Valencia at Chain Reaction and ohmygod they are AMAZING. That was probably one of the best live shows I've EVER seen. Ah. So good. They're songs have so much meaning behind them and it comes through just as well live as it does on their album. This was the perfect way to break the 2 week streak of no concerts.

And they're all so nice. Brendan made a point of trying to remember our names [which isn't that difficult considering we have the same name], and George wanted to make sure that Laura had gotten everything she needed for winning the Buzznet contest so he personally grabbed a hoodie for her from their merch bin. They're all awesome.

We had been toying with the idea of seeing them again in Victorville tonight. After seeing them we were DEFINITELY up for the drive.

Here comes the rant.
Parents can be so difficult. I'll just leave it at that. Basically I ended up driving around surveying the weather waiting to hear from Laura if we could go, pulling over to the side of the road, and listening to Valenica...all the while wishing my car were in drive on the 91 rather than in park next to a random house in the Tustin foothills. Man that was the worst feeling. The drive back home was so frustrating. I ended up having to go for a run to blow off some steam because I was so mad. Needless to say I listened to Valencia the whole time. I found out when I got home that the 15 was closed anyways because of snow I guess.

Except now...it appears to be open. And this storm is nowhere to be found.

So instead of seeing an AMAZING show -- tonight would have been epic because it's the last night of this tour -- I am home, doing nothing particularly productive. I cleaned out my purse, organized things a little. Nothing too life-changing.

At least I have Bidwell/Vogue to look forward to on Thursday and Palm Springs this weekend. I love Palm Sprinkles. A lot. I'm excited for more of this:


Oh, something else that was a little funny from last night. Artist vs Poet played too. I've seen them 4 times now and really I don't think they have any idea who I am. Just don't really connect with that band. Anyways I had a message to impart from their "Colorado crew". Well I guess I picked the wrong person because Joe W had NO idea who I was talking about. This led to somewhat of an awkward coversation that was a minor blip in an otherwise awesome night. Not too horrible though. Tried to make the best of it. I chose Tarcy next and fortunately he understood. But then he was off, followed by a group of young girls who regard him as some type of Greek god or something.

Now I guess I'll watch some videos from last night and pretend I'm in Victorville getting ready for Valencia to go on. Artist vs Poet or Houston Calls are probably playing right now. Hmph.

No comments:

Post a Comment