26 March 2009

Spring Break in Colorado

Monday, March 23
Just when things started calming down after the insanity of last week…time to fly to Colorado for Spring Break with Amanda! I left at 11 or so on Monday morning. Definitely saw some family friends who were on the same flight. Amanda picked me up at the airport and we went to her house in Boulder to drop my stuff and decide what to do for lunch. Dang I can’t remember what we did for lunch. Uhhh. It was good whatever it was. OH!!!! We ate at The Sink and I was reunited with Buffalo Burgers. Those things are BOMB! Definitely need buffalo patties in California. My life would be complete.

Then we headed back to Amanda’s and watched Friends with Lyuba and her brother. It was nice to spend a night in and just veg for once. We were wayyy tired so Amanda and I went to sleep around 11. We needed to gear up for our early morning hike the next day! We wanted to be out of the house because the workers were supposed to be there to finish up a few things. This has been going on for 3 months ever since a pipe unleashed it’s wrath on their poor little house and flooded everything.

Tuesday, March 24
We woke up at about 8:15 and were out the door by 8:30 to get breakfast at Rush. Delicious. It was basically a smoothie with granola on top. YUM! Dang it was a healthy day. Granola for breakfast followed by a brisk morning hike. Ok it was a freezing morning hike. 32 degrees. BRRRRR! But it was really fun nonetheless. We saw a deer! YES wildlife!

Back to Amanda’s to shower and get ready to head to Colorado Springs to see GNSR at The Loft. We met Whitney for lunch at Half Fast where I had the most gigantic sandwich of my entire life. It was delicious.

We got to the springs a little early so we window-shopped then got hot chocolate and coffee at a little French bakery across the street…mostly because we needed a bathroom. Most amazing hot chocolate ever. They coated the glass with chocolate first. It was exciting. Then we decided to figure out how to get to The Loft. Quite confusing. This place was a little tricky to find. It’s on the 3rd floor of a building in downtown Colorado Springs, only accessible through the steepest staircase I’ve seen in my entire life. Warned Dan that they would have to face that as soon as they got there. Oh across the hallway outside of a photography studio I saw some of Jeremy’s artwork and was reallyyyy weirded out. Then Shane told me that they played at the loft and took some pictures at that studio and the girl there asked Jeremy if he could draw something for them.

The Loft is pretty bomb. They have a big screen for movies, video games, a kitchen in which they made spaghetti for anyone who wanted some. The people are really nice too. Josh is hilarious. He made us watch 7 Pounds while we waited. Then more people started showing up so he decided to organize a game called Oatmeal. I was SO confused for the longest time but I think I get how it works now. Then Amanda and I introduced everyone to Black Magic. In the middle of the game Dan called because they weren’t sure how to get inside. Ran out to meet them. Yay reuinion! Then Dan saw the stairs. And immediately recruited me to film the impending insanity. ALL of the guys who were there to see them came outside to help them carry stuff up. It was quite a process. Oh whoaly crap I just remembered how INSANE this group of guys were. They were pretty freakin stoked for “DANNY DONUTZ AND SAMMY SWISS!”. They said that about 25 times. So we got all the stuff up the stairs and it is well-documented. GNSR was pretty much the only band that played, so it was really laid back. Power outage in the beginning of trophy resulted in an interesting new intro complete with an angry black woman. The rest of the set was good. Poor Jud was reallyyyy sick though.

It was hilarious so see them rap for the first time. Twan is hilarious too. Dan had me film that for them too so it should be funny to see how that fits in to the tour video. Then we just hung out for a while after their set. Got called cute countless times by the crazy drunk teenagers. OMG SNOW! I had to run outside to experience it and write my name on a car. Mike thought I was trying to leave without saying goodbye and tackled me. Ooof. Back upstairs though because it was chilly. More drunken teenagers. We all finally had to ambush Dan to get him to stop talking so everyone could leave. I think we finally left around 1 or so. Something like that. Driving in the snow at night is not fun. Fortunately I couldn’t see A THING because my contacts were all cloudy and awful. Asleep around 2:30.

Wednesday, March 25
We thought we would get to sleep in a little more on Wednesday. Ohh no no no. The construction guys decided to show up at 9:15. Wonderful. Haha. Oh well we probably needed to get up anyways to shower and get ready for a day in Denver. Only had 1 working outlet because the guys shut the power of to most of the house while they were working with electrical stuff. I guess not wanting to get electrocuted is a reasonable excuse. Although it made getting out of the door at a reasonable time a little tricky.

Lunch in Denver at Apaloosas. Really good turkey croissant sandwich. Walked around a bit. Went to the Tattered Cover bookstore. That place is pretty cool. Checked out some weird books.

I’m getting hungry but I refuse to pay fortune meager amount of food. I’m trapped in a silver tube with nothing to eat or drink. Prison?

Left for The Gothic at like 5. Saw Dan and Sam promoting outside right away, but we had to get in line so we could get our tickets. The show was freaking $20 dollars and honestly it wasn’t worth it. The only good bands were Meg and Dia and Every Avenue. Anarbor was okay but I see them everywhere and every time they’re just mediocre. Breathe Carolina is AWFUL. NONE of use could understand what the hype is. Sam was legitimately sad to be there. Cute was pretty terrible too. The singer was freaking hammered and could barely hold the microphone. It was kind of embarrassing. We were soooo glad when it was over. Then the confusion began. Whitney told us to meet her and Molly at Leela’s in Denver. Only Carmen the Garmin couldn’t find this place. While Amanda tried to figure it out Dan showed me some problems he was having with Final Cut and we ironed out the kinks. But Megan’s videos won’t play on his computer =[. So then we started driving. Definitely didn’t really know where we were going but we followed Whitney’s directions. Miraculously we found the place. The food was a little pricey and ended up not being that great but there’s not much to choose from at 12am. Read the Onion with Jud after he realized he was looking at a gay magazine. Finally got our food. We decided we should probably leave around 1:30 considering my flight was in 7 hours. It was sad to say goodbye. June is too far away. Hmph. Asleep around 2:30.

WAKE UP! It’s 6:30, have to leave for DIA in 15 minutes. OMG SNOW! It was beautiful. We ended up leaving later than planned, and that coupled with the snowy gloriousness got us to the airport at 7:50. My flight departed in 40 minutes. CRAP. Waited behind a nice guy at check-in who left me go in front of him. My bag probably isn’t going to be there to greet me when I get to John Wayne. Dang I was stressed. I didn’t even care about my bag. I had half an hour to get through security and get to my gate. It’s actually not that bad when you skip the line completely and walk right to the front. Power walk to my gate. I BARELY made it. It was about 8:15 when I walked up and met my fellow stragglers.

So here I am. On the plane. Hungry. Exhausted. Thirsty. And dang chapstick would be great right about now. 40 miles to Orange County.

All in all a pretty awesome 3 days in Colorado. I’m ready to go home though. The Roxy on Sunday! Then Down for the Count at Chain on Tuesday. My life is non-stop action lately.


But I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment